Do you have a passion for sea turtles? Would you like to make a difference?
Sea Turtle Foundation is currently seeking board members to join their team.
Our head office is located in Cairns, Queensland, however candidates can be based anywhere in Australia. Our meetings are held quarterly via Skype.
Area of Expertise Being Sought: Accounting, Business, Consulting, Strategy & Development, Fundraising, Law & Legal Services, Marketing & Communications.
- We work with communities, traditional owners, scientists, governments, schools and businesses across Australia and the Indo-Pacific region to raise awareness, reduce impacts and remove threats.
- Sea Turtle Foundation Ltd was incorporated under the Corporations Act (2001) on 4th September 2007, and is a public company limited by guarantee.
- We do not have share capital; our members are effectively our “shareholders”.
- We are governed by our Constitution.
- We are registered for GST, exempt from income tax and are a Charitable Institution. We have sanction under the QLD Collections Act to conduct fundraising appeals, and sanction to fundraise in NSW.
- We are on the federal government’s Department of the Environment “Register of Environmental Organisations (REO)”.
Sea Turtle Foundation is currently looking for directors to use their individual skills, experiences and networks to work as leaders for Sea Turtle Foundation. The board of directors are responsible for the development (and regular review) of a Strategic Plan. This includes what it plans to achieve, where it wants to be and how it plans to get there. Its prime role is to keep the vision alive by taking a leading role in planning for the future of the group.
As a director you will also be asked to contribute to the following:
Achieve financial sustainability through securing corporate partnerships, increasing donations and engaging in profitable programs.
Develop our reputation and public profile to be synonymous with sea turtle conservation in the Indo-Pacific region.
Establish, implement or continue at least specific project a year that address each of our three key focus areas; research, education and action.
Develop and implement a framework that guides the operation of our business, programs and management of our human and other resources.
To apply or for further information contact email@example.com